Government has confirmed that eight Ghanaian nationals have been killed following a terrorist attack in Titao, in the northern province of Burkina Faso.

In a press release issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the government said the deadly jihadist assault, which occurred on February 14, 2026, initially claimed the lives of seven members of the Ghana National Tomatoes Traders and Transporters Association who were engaged in lawful trading activities in the area.

However, the death toll has now risen to eight after one of the four injured survivors, who had been receiving medical treatment, succumbed to injuries.

“The Government of the Republic of Ghana regrets to inform that the recent jihadist attack of 14th February, 2026 in Titao, in the northern province of Burkina Faso has now claimed eight Ghanaian lives,” the statement noted.

President John Dramani Mahama and the Government of Ghana expressed profound condolences to the bereaved families and loved ones of the deceased.

“The Government of Ghana strongly condemns this mindless act of terror and expresses its solidarity with the Government and people of Burkina Faso in this dark hour.

“This despicable horror must remind us of the urgent need for a new collective approach in pursuing regional security as Ghana has consistently called for, and which we reiterated at last month’s High-Level Consultative Conference on Regional Cooperation and Security hosted by President John Mahama,” the statement said.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.



Source link