King Charles III has issued a statement following the arrest of his younger brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The arrest comes amid revelations from the Jeffrey Epstein files, which allege that Andrew shared confidential government information with the late American financier during his time as a British trade envoy.
In his statement, the King expressed deep concern over the matter but emphasized the importance of letting the legal process run its course.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” he said.
He added, “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, who turned 66 on the day of his arrest, Thursday, February 19, was taken into custody at his Norfolk residence, Wood Farm, on the Sandringham Estate. The arrest followed calls from an anti-royal organization for police to investigate documents suggesting that he sent confidential trade reports to Epstein in 2010, during his tenure as Britain’s special envoy for international trade.
Read Also: “King Charles III’s Brother Arrested on Suspicion of Misconduct in Public Office
The former British prince, who was stripped of his royal titles due to his association with the convicted sex offender, has consistently denied any wrongdoing related to his friendship with Epstein. However, questions about his connections to the late financier have shadowed the royal family for more than a decade.
Thames Valley Police had previously stated that it was “assessing” reports that Andrew shared confidential trade information with Epstein, drawn from the millions of pages of documents released last month by the U.S. Justice Department’s investigation into Epstein. The police confirmed that a formal investigation into allegations of misconduct in public office has now been opened.







